blogIVERSARY

Posted by Annie On 3/01/2011 10:12:00 AM 0 comments

Thursday will mark a year since I began this blog.

Its hard to describe what this year has been. There has been a TON of self evaluation. An absolute ridiculous amount of relationship changes/ending involvement in activities/new directions. There has been heartache. There have been hurtful comments and just plain mean behavior. But! There have also been fabulous adventures. Cherished memories. Exciting prospects. Growth in friendships. Sunny mornings and snuggly snowy nights.

All of these, the good and the bad, have been exactly what was needed. Each situation caused me to be better; caused me to grow. Its almost comical to think back a year. How much worry did I waste? How much stress and anxiety? Tears and longing? Silly. I should know that “whatever happens is the only thing that could have happened”. It makes me realize that even when I am not organized, I may procrastinate a bit, the things that I get done are because I need them to get done. And in the end they have a way of being beautiful. Somehow what it is that I do ends up being exactly what needed to get done. I said what needed to be said. I got where I needed to be. I can always use improvement but at the same time the flaws of my days are what opens me up to the beauty of them.

When you look back on a year its amazing to see the movement. Its awesome to realize how far you have traveled in 365. BUT! I feel that there is value in noticing the little moments that make up that year. It is easy to look back at a year with a fresh view - however it is much harder to enjoy each moment that makes up that year. So often (as is the case with me and the whole month of February) days rush by us unnoticed. Time is fleeting. (Yes, I did just start singing The Time Warp from RHPS.) Anniversarys make us stop each year, reunions celebrate a memory after 10, 20, 50 years. But really to slow down and celebrate the rebirth of each new day. The commemoration of your first. The recurrance of the miracle of life, a jubilee. Sure I make it sound much more amazing than what I might feel when I first wake up. I am not the easiest person to wake up in the morning. But we can try!

With that in mind, I start of the blogiversary celebrations. The next posts celebrating Tiny Fleck of Color's blogiversary will center around "A day in the life..."

We will hear from some of my favorite up and coming bloggers, some activists/small business owners, crafters, and friends. We will be giving away some of my favorite products to inspire and bring a smile to your face.

Enjoy the week - read and comment often!

0 Response for the "blogIVERSARY"

Post a Comment