A day in the life... on Thursday!

Posted by Annie On 3/10/2011 06:04:00 AM 3 comments

Today's guest blogger lived with me on the same floor in our freshman dorm. We had ridiculous amounts of fun. I remember striping and stumbling down a hill on the way home from class and Kelly threw herself down the hill like a crazy person to help make me feel like not so much of a spaz. We were both involved in spiritual life activities on campus. I also remember crying in her room late at night discussing God, spirituatliy, and the search we are all on. Eventually, we worked together on the same Residence Hall staff where again we had too much fun creating a haunted house in our hall, having dance parties, and just hanging out being awesome. I had a ton of fun witnessing Kelly and Eric's marriage and now love getting updates on her growing family. Seriously, she is one of the most genuine people I know. I really like her, and I think you will to.
_______________________________________

"A day in the life..." of Kelly
Most days, Henry wakes up just after my husband, Eric, leaves for work. He tosses and turns, whispers excited gibberish and hugs my neck. Then he opens his eyes and he's off. I cherish those brief, dreamlike moments, when Hen is still my little baby. During the day, he is a true toddler-- a non-stop exploring machine. He doesn't have much time for cuddling.


It's been hard for me to let my little baby go. Henry is less and less a baby every day. People in the grocery store now say, "Look at this kid!" instead of "What a beautiful baby." I'm attempting to make the transition without weepy tears, but it's hard not to mourn the loss of the baby stage. The past year and a half, Henry has needed me so completely that it started to define me. Of course Henry still needs me. I'm not sending him off to summer camp yet. :) I can see there is a freedom in letting go, for Henry and for me.
This picture was taken just before he started his day.
You can still see the fog of sleep around his face. You can still call him a baby.


___________________________________________________________________

Kelly is giving away a banner much like the one in the picture here. She would like us to know, that banner was made by her AND Henry. It was their very first project.
 
What Tiny Flecks in Your Life bring tears to your eyes?

Maybe its someone. something. It steals your breath and just brings you to tears. Happy tears. Tears of pride. of joy. Tell me in the comment section - and make sure to leave your email address as well. Entries must submitted by Friday at midnight and winners will be chosen at random and posted on Saturday. The winner will receive Kelly and Henry's banner! Yay!

Categories: ,

3 Response for the "A day in the life... on Thursday!"

  1. ooohhh! I'll enter!! I think the moments that bring tears to my eyes are when I realize how truly BLESSED I am to have healthy kids. I know it sounds cliche, but it's so true. I try to remember that when they are both crying at the same time :)

  2. Laura says:

    I want that banner! The truth is that WAY TOO MANY commercials and kids' movies bring tears to my eyes. The other day we re-watched Finding Nemo for the first time in a long time and oh my lord, the waterworks were out of control. Sometimes I will shed a little happy tear when my kids express love for me from out of the blue. I feel so undeserving. Even though I feel like I screw up 1000 times a day, they still accept me and love me. That is something special.

  3. Amy says:

    Look at that cute banner!!! I forsee a really awesome mother/son craft team :)

Post a Comment