A day in the life... on Wednesday

Posted by Annie On 3/09/2011 07:16:00 AM 0 comments

This guest poster and I go waaaaaay back... even before jr. high! ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! Most of my memories of Janine are of a little twig of a girl (she's always be so tiny) who was my best friend. Memories of staying up late watching Grease or The Labyrinth. Swooning over Hanson and JTT. Walking to school together. Talking about boys. Laughing a lot. I feel like I giggled so much more as a kid - I think I need to get back to that. Anyway! Once in high school, Janine and I fell into our separate niches... though we still ran into each other frequently. NOW Janine is an aspiring author, a literature aficionado, a huge movie buff, and a "new" friend. I am so happy that we have reunited... and hope that we can start creating wonderful memories again.

Janine posts over at "Looking for a blue sky" - please take a peek over there. Seriously, I need her to write a novel... I'll settle for a simple paperback... ok, a magazine article. I just want more of what she has to say.

_________________________________________________

"A day in the life..." of Janine
On any given day during the week, I've realized that it really is the simplest things that make me the happiest. It's getting up when the alarm goes off (way too early), and actually feeling awake to start your day. It's laughing with co-workers, those moments at work that make you forget you're working. It's hitting every green light on the way. It's getting Olive Garden breadsticks for lunch, just because. It's finding a great book that you just can't put down and don't want to end. It's being greeted by my awesome, fat, furry, talkative kitty when I walk in the door. It's cuddling on the couch with my husband, watching good (or sometimes even bad--it doesn't even really matter) TV. It's spending time with great friends: laughing, shopping, eating, whining, and wining. It's the way my heart warms when I see my little niece jumping, playing, giggling, and talking in a language that I haven't quite cracked, but that I love nonetheless. It's the hugs I get from her, tiny but strong and oh-so sincere. It's eskimo kisses and bear hugs from those you love. It's hearing the perfect song at the perfect time, making the world itself seem perfect, if only for 3 minutes and 30 seconds. It's a text message from a good friend at exactly the time you need it. It's collapsing in bed after working a 15-hour day, my husband's arm around me as I drift off to sleep. It's going to bed content, recognizing the good things in life and letting go of the bad for a little while.

Every day has these little moments. And it is these little bright spots, even in the midst of a terrible day--actually, especially in the midst of a terrible day--that remind me of the good things in life. They remind me of the great things and people that I am lucky enough to be surrounded and loved by. No matter how bad things may get at times, I can go home to my husband and cat, or stop at my parents for some good food, good company, love, and that adorable niece of mine. No matter how cursed a day may seem or how rough the work day has been, I still have these great things in my life, reminders that this pain, drama, and frustration will pass. And in the meantime, at least I have a few little moments each day to latch onto until it does pass.

Categories:

0 Response for the "A day in the life... on Wednesday"

Post a Comment