The view from my toilet

Posted by Annie On 12/29/2010 08:16:00 PM 2 comments

Or the stool... if you're Mr. Bean's grandpa (I love it when older folks use cute terms for things). Or the john... if you're my Grandma. Or the crapper... if you're Julia. Or the porcelain god... if you are a drunk college freshman. Or the loo... if you are polite and British and possibly Joanne Frost (Supernanny) whom I love. Or the can... if you're... well I don't know anyone who refers to that but whatever. WHATEVER you call the depository for human excrement... this is what it looks like from mine.



Yes. I have a calendar hanging next to my toilet. So does my mother. I'm pretty sure my grandma does too. It may be hereditary.

The first thing I do when I wake up is use the bathroom. In that case, the first thing I read is whose birthday/anniversary/Saint day it is... (my grandma makes these calendars for everyone...they are Catholic calendars. I will never miss a feast day.) So while cards may be late... or non-existent... know that if you are on the calendar you are thought of.

Moving on.

As you can see... the toilet paper roll is empty. EMPTY! Where has all the toilet paper gone? I'll show you...


Now why, why oh why oh why oh WHY? Would the toilet paper be sitting on the edge of the tub.

I would say that in general I am a rational human being. I will also say that I realize that I more than likely use more toilet paper than Mr. Bean. I will also admit that I am currently out of my normal mental state due to sinusitis, antibiotics, and cough syrup. Read about that adventure here. I would further like to state that I have changed the roll for AT LEAST the last 3 new rolls.

The toilet paper dispenser has been empty since Monday. I for the first time in a LONG time did not use the last sheet. However, when I returned home from school this is the exact scene I was welcomed with. Over the past three days the TP has moved places a few time (we don't want it to get wet when we shower) but miraculously it has not yet found its way onto the holder.

It's not a problem to change it. It isn't hard. But its a matter of principle. It's toilet paper for goodness sake!

Sigh.

Why do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?! Well I am not going to succumb to the pressure of the paper! I will NOT put the paper in the holder. 



I suppose if this is the worst thing we passive aggressively argue about then we'll be just fine. We are set for life.. Not a big deal...
The toilet paper just won't be on the holder.
Ever.

Categories:

2 Response for the "The view from my toilet"

  1. Unknown says:

    I love this. And agree that if this is the worst argument you guys have, you're probably in pretty good shape. Trust me, we have our things too. Isn't being married grand :)

  2. Emily says:

    Mine seems to think his washrags magically go from hanging over the bathtub faucet into the hamper. I wonder what I do to annoy him?

Post a Comment