Simple Woman's Day Book

Posted by Annie On 2/21/2011 07:48:00 PM 1 comments


Simple Woman's Day Book
FOR TODAY 2/21/11...
I am really frustrated that this blog will post so late today. I was on retreat all weekend with teens and am just now home and have just enough brain power to get this out. It was a great weekend and you may ask, "why worry over a silly blog post?" But I set a goal that I would post a Simple Woman's Day Book (SWDB) entry each Monday. I cannot start this week with a failure on my back. So... here we go.

Outside My Window...
snow? SNOW?! What!? Why? Oh wait... I'm trying to be more positive. So... while I was really enjoying the nice weather, the snow lets me hold onto what is a fleeting winter already. It's not so bad.

I am thinking...
I am such a dork. But really… I don’t want to be so negative. So even when its ridiculous I am going to force myself to be positive. Also, I am thinking about how I just gave up watching “The Bachelor” to let my husband flip between other channels just because he doesn’t appreciate reality t.v. like I do… and do you know what that is? That’s LOVE.
I am thankful for... this weekend. Teenagers. I really understand the idea that if you want to learn about something, you teach… Every time I go on these trips with the intention to lead youth to the Lord, and EVERY TIME I leave awe inspired by the kids. I leave with a new understanding of the Holy. I find that in touching their lives, they have touched mine.

From the kitchen...
I made apricot pulled pork last week. But I haven’t cooked all weekend.

Fleck of Color for the day…
Client in practicum who showed really great cognitive/musical abilities and her smile when I praised her about it. Also, the community that is formed and enriched by coming together to worship and grow in faith.

I am wearing...
JAMMIES! My favorite cotton “long john” shirt and shorts.

I am creating...
Chalkboards for the babies in my life… we've had at least 6 babies born in 2010 and one is my Godson who'll be baptized next week. I had planned on making these upcycled chalkboards this fall and didn't get through with them. Anyway, I am GOING to finish! And there's a tutorial to come, I promise!

I am going...
to go see “The Rite” tomorrow- and I’m scared. But I am also intrigued. But first! I am going to SLEEP!

I am reading...
BLOGS! All my favorites. Also, books for school on behavior modification as well as atypical children.

I am hoping...
to go buy the Pioneer Woman’s new book “Black heels to Tractor Wheels”. I am also hoping to have a very productive day tomorrow around the apartment.

I am hearing...
the t.v. and my crazy puppy wrestling with Mr. Bean.

Around the house...
I want to finish the chalkboards, finish 2 quilts in progress, clean the bathroom, and organize a bit more.

One of my favorite things...
my own bed! Nothing like 3 nights of sleeping on the floor to make you appreciate your own bed. Or my own shower…or my husband…

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
To complete my session plan early this week, start on the youth ministry homework I’ve been procrastinating. Implementing some new prayer changes, AND a new workout plan with a friend.

Meditation...
"I do believe, help my unbelief..."

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
dreaming of sunsets and summer

Categories:

1 Response for the "Simple Woman's Day Book"

  1. Unknown says:

    Annie, I love this idea! Would you be okay with me stealing it? Or at least the general idea of it? I think it would help keep me on track with my own blog, as well as allow for some reflection :)

Post a Comment